Im currently running a Dark Heresy game for a group on Wednesday nights and so far the game has followed about 8 scenarios, both published and homebrew. Its getting time for me to take a break, just to get the creative juices flowing again and I really want a change of pace for the guys, something that we can mess around with for a few weeks, have fun, have a laugh and then head back to DH.
So far i’ve yet to come up with a solution as to what to do. I want to stay away from anything Sci-fi and I would prefer not to do a fantasy Dark Heresy, so that cuts out a lot of games already. Traveller is out, Warhammer Fantasy is out, Star Wars, Shadowrun, Rifts, Babylon 5 and Aliens.. all out. So far i’ve thought about
- Maid – not sure if we could play this for 3-4 weeks without the guys losing interest.
- Mouse Guard – again not sure how the guys would react to this for more than a one off.
- D&D – rock it old school style… its possible.
- Twlight 2000 – old school modern but it would kind of lead to a campaign style.
- WOD – Werewolf: The Apocalypse or something? got lots of old stuff from teh campaigns I used to run.
Still not sure what to do. Maybe I could tempt them with Dragonlance 5th Age, Cold City or Savage Worlds….. better make the call soon, game will start in a week and I need to get started on it…. gulp!